Welcome Visiting Teams
The Central Kentucky Hockey Association would like to welcome you Lexington, Kentucky.
The home rink for the Thoroughbreds is the Lexington Ice Center (LIC), located at 560 Eureka Springs Drive. The LIC is home to two rinks.
More info on Lexington Ice Center can be found at https://www.lexingtonicecenter.com/
We hope you enjoy your time here in the bluegrass.
Points of Interest
- Keeneland – www.keeneland.com. Keeneland is located at 4201 Versailles Road, Lexington, KY 40510. Phone number (859) 254-3412. Keeneland includes Keeneland Racecourse, a Thoroughbred horse racing facility, and a sales complex (The Keeneland Sales Pavillion). It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and designated a National Historic Landmark in 1986. Keeneland was founded in 1936 and is regarded as one of (if not the) best tracks in the US. Keeneland offers tours of the facility on a regular basis and hosts racing for 3 weeks each in April and October.
- Town Branch Distillery – www.kentuckyale.com. Town Branch is a distillery located at 401 Cross Street in downtown Lexington which produces bourbon, whisky, and other alcohol products. Town Branch is part of the Kentucky Bourbon Trail. In addition to the distillery, Lexington Brewing Company is also on premises. Lexington Brewing company and Town Branch distillery are owned by Alltech. Tours of the facility are available.
- Distillery District – www.lexingtondistillerydistrict.com. The Lexington Distillery District is home to numerous business including restaurants, bars, and shops, among others. The Distillery District is in the area below Rupp Arena and runs down Manchester Street.
- Rupp Arena – www.rupparena.com. Located at 430 W. Vine Street in Downtown Lexington. Rupp Arena is renowned for its storied history, marquee matchups, and year-round top-quality events and entertainment. Named for college basketball Coach Adolph Rupp, the arena opened its doors in 1976 is owned and operated by the Lexington Center Corporation. The Arena seats 23,000 and is home to the University of Kentucky Wildcats NCAA basketball team.
- Kentucky Horse Park – www.kyhorsepark.com. The Kentucky Horse Park is located at 4089 Iron Works Parkway in Lexington. Kentucky Horse Park is a working horse farm and an educational theme park opened in 1978. The Horse Park is home to horse associations, Special events, horse related museums, and horse shows.
- Fayette Mall – www.fayettemall.com. Fayette Mall is located at 3401 Nicholasville Road in Lexington, KY. It is the largest mall in the state and has over 150 stores. In addition, there are hundreds of other stores and restaurants within a half mile of the mall.
- University of Kentucky – www.uky.edu. Founded in 1865 the university is one of the state's two land-grant universities (the other being Kentucky State University), the largest college or university in the state, with nearly 30,000 students. The institution comprises 16 colleges, a graduate school, 93 undergraduate programs, 99 master programs, 66 doctoral programs, and four professional programs
- Commonwealth Stadium (now Kroger Field) – www.ukathletics.com/page/facilities-commonwealth-stadium Commonwealth Stadium is located at the corner of Alumni Drive and Nicholasville Road in Lexington. It is home the UK Wildcats football team and is the central part of the UK sports complex. Other fields nearby are the soccer, softball, baseball, and football practice facility.
- Hamburg Shopping/Restaurants – hamburg-pavilion.com. The Hamburg area is a former horse farm that has been turned into a very large shopping development. There are hundreds of shops and restaurants in this area.
- Jacobson Park – www.lexingtonky.gov/jacobson-park. Jacobson Park is a City Park that features a brand new state of the art playground, basketball, volleyball, fishing, walking and hiking trails, and more.